I am not sure who designed the Port Scion but there are some serious issues with this warfront. Most of the elements in Rift are polished but this one was definitely overlooked. For those that are not level 50, then I suggest you don’t read unless you want spoilers. You have been warned.
There are two ways to win in Port Scion:
- Kill the other faction’s Boss
- Get 1000 points by turning in these shards that give 30 a pop (and by killing others)
Which way do you think these games are won?
You guessed it – getting a 1000 points and turtling up in the north where there are the most shards that spawn. I am all about PvP but this is just out of hand. It is boring and really doesn’t promote anything that resembles the rest of the game. The war front turns into a death match game with capture the flag qualities except people don’t try to go for people with the flag and rather just sit on a bridge.
This war front needs to be changed drastically in order to be successful.
Here are my suggestions for fixing Port Scion:
- The game starts with Guardians and Defiants at 1000 points each.
- Instead of going to a 1000 points, let this number tick down. The side that reaches zero first loses.
- Destroying the key shards will reduce the opposite faction by 200 points each. The respawn timer of the faction that lost the shard will increase by 5 seconds.
- The shards highlighted below do ABSOLUTELY nothing and respawn almost immediately after destroyed. They are completely useless.
- Destroy both shards and NPC reinforcements no longer come to support.
- Killing the ghost boss in the middle should decrease the opposite faction by 100 points. The raid boss that comes to aid the faction that killed the ghost needs to have more health.
- By this time, if your faction has done everything possible, then there should be 500 points left. The last 500 points can go by the normal ways of winning Port Scion which are to either kill the other faction’s boss, finish running the shards for 30 a pop, or death match it to 0.
These changes should increase the killing of the last boss at the end and make the game more strategic and fluid rather than hold the bridge and turn in shards all day.
Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.